Careers at Wendage
Wendage Pollution Control Ltd delivers bespoke domestic and commercial sewage treatment solutions throughout the South of England to customers who are ‘off-mains’. Our service encompasses consultancy, design, supply, installation and maintenance by our British Water accredited service engineers. We pride ourselves on providing a personalised service and with 50 years in the industry, we offer our clients both expertise and peace of mind. We have an exciting opportunity for a conscientious reliable engineer to join our friendly team of Field Service Engineers.
We have an established workforce of well qualified and experienced engineers who take great pride in their expertise and the quality of service they deliver. By only hiring like-minded professionals who subscribe to our values of consistent technical excellence and outstanding customer service we are able to maintain the high levels of customer satisfaction we currently enjoy.
Here at Wendage we are justifiably proud of our commitment to the technical training we invest in our people.
We underpin our proactive vocal role in promoting the improvement of industry standards by insisting that our own engineers become British Water Accredited Service Technicians.
We fully fund this training which culminates in an onsite assessment by an independent assessor who confirms the Engineer is competent to work on packaged sewage treatment plants to the exacting standards of the British Water Code of Practice which is taught on the British Water Accredited Service Technician Training Course.
All Roles require a full UK valid Driving Licence and residency within a reasonable distance of our base in Hampshire to be within easy reach of our customers.
Field Service Engineer Job Opportunity
- Planned maintenance and ad hoc repairs on package sewage treatment systems and pumps/pumping stations: Hipaf, Diamond, Kingspan etc.
- Daily travel to client sites
- Fault finding and fixing on single phase and three phase electrical control panels
- Emergency call outs / break down response with shared on-call weekend rota
- Electronic reporting via PDA and mobile devices
- Confined Space and 'Top-Person' work
- Delivering professional friendly and reliable service to our clients
What We Offer You
£27,500-£35,000 DOE based on 40-hour week
- Extra hours worked and travel time are paid
- Hours worked on Weekends are paid at an enhanced hourly rate
- On Call Allowance paid for on call weekends
- 22 days annual leave and 8 bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Company van and mobile phone
- Power tools, electrical meters and PPE provided
- Training and development to become British Water accredited
Key Technical Requirements
- Proven experience servicing package sewage treatment systems, sewage pumps/pumping stations
- Valid UK driving licence - 3 points maximum
- Proven experience working in Confined Spaces
- Mechanical or Electrical mechanical engineering background and/ or qualification
- Demonstrable experience working outdoors in a field-based role
- SHEA Water or CSCS card
- ideally hold a British Water Accredited Service Technician Qualification (Training will be provided to the right applicant if this qualification is not already held)
- Good problem solver with methodical fault-finding approach
- Self-reliant type who takes ownership and is able to work on own initiative
- Will reside within a reasonable distance of our depot
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong customer focus
To receive a reply you need to include your full name, home address, email address and day time contact number and confirm you hold a full driving licence valid in the UK as this is essential for all roles. No Agencies.