Careers at Wendage
Pump Engineer / Service Engineer
Working as a field-based Pump Engineer / Service Engineer you will join a team responsible for the routine service / maintenance and repair of sewage pumps, pump stations, control panels and packaged sewage treatment plants in southern England. So that you can easily reach our customers you will ideally be based in Surrey, Hampshire or Sussex.
Pump Engineer / Service Engineer Duties
Our Pump Engineers / Service Engineers are responsible for the service / maintenance and repair of sewage pumps, sewage pump stations and sewage treatment plants. This field-based role involves mechanical work on all types of submersible sewage pumps and electrical work on control panels. You will participate in the on call rota to carry out emergency repairs. You will advise and reassure customers and deliver a professional and personable service. You will produce service / repair reports recording work you’ve completed and further work/parts needed. In return:-
- £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience (OTE £31,000-£36,000)
- 22 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Company van, PDA, mobile phone
- Tools and PPE supplied
- On-going training and personal development
As a successful Pump Engineer / Service Engineer you will have a methodical approach to problem solving; enjoy working outdoors and the autonomy of a field-based role. You will be able to participate fully in the on call rota and work on your own initiative. You will be able to carry out the physically demanding work of a Pump Engineer / Service Engineer and you will be a patient competent driver.
Suitable Skills & Experience
- Pump Engineer / Service Engineer for off-mains sewage treatment systems
- Service / maintenance and repair of sewage pumps / pump stations / sewage treatment plants
- On call rota experience
- Confined Spaces Entry experience / qualification
- Valid full clean driving licence
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Health & Safety - ideally with Water SHEA or CSCS Card
- Mechanical / Electrical qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional self-presentation
If you have some but not all of the experience we have asked for please explain this in your cover letter as some skills can be cross-trained on the job or via external courses.
No agency applications thank you.